Hughes White Colbo Wilcox & Tervooren, LLC, provides a wide range of estate planning and probate administration services offering legal representation and counseling to create wills and trusts. Our attorneys are also well-prepared to assist those named as personal representatives or executors for an estate.
Of Counsel attorney Paul S Wilcox brings many years of experience representing individuals and families in estate planning and probate law. After carefully reviewing clients’ needs, he assists them with wills, testamentary trust documents, medical directives, durable power of attorney and other estate planning – all customized to individual situations.
He also guides personal representatives (executor, executrix or administrator) through probate administration, whether or not the deceased had a will. Probate typically involves preparation of pleadings for the court and guidance for the personal representative to complete his or her duties through administration of the estate.
We also provide ancillary administration for residents of other states that own or have owned property in Alaska.
Our probate and estate planning services include:
- Drafting and updating custom wills and testamentary trusts
- Medical directives
- Durable powers of attorney
- Representation in probate for personal representatives and executors
- Drafting applications for appointment of personal representatives
- Estate asset inventory
- Counsel and representation through the probate process
- Counsel and representation of heirs and beneficiaries
- Ancillary probate
- Representation in trust administration
- Real estate conveyances
- Business succession